Abuse is the deliberate act of causing physical or mental suffering of one's spouse.
This can make an abused spouse feel:
• Ashamed and withdrawn
• Anxious – especially in the presence of the abuser
• Lacking self-confidence
• Fearful about the future
1. Do you verbally insult your spouse?
2. Threatened your spouse
3. Hurt your spouse physically
4. Prevented your wife from going out to work
5. Prevented your husband from socializing
6. Prevented your wife from managing the domestic finance
7. Prevented your spouse from having enough money to deal with their basic needs of life
8. Prevented your spouse from visiting their relatives