Today we present one of the healthiest dishes one can eat, it is Spinach salad.
The plate is very easy to prepare and takes little time and little effort, but it will give you high nutrition value.
Spinach is known to be a rich source for Iron and Calcium. It also has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, especially when it is fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled.
It is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, vitamin B2, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorus, zinc, niacin, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids.
- ifteen-ounce mandarin orange sections
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups torn cleaned and trimmed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1. Lay the Mandarin Orange sections out on paper towels to drain.
2. Combine the lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard and shallots in a large bowl. Whisk until the salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in both oils until blended and thickened.
3. Pile the spinach on top of the dressing and add the Mandarin Orange sections and the walnuts. Toss until the leaves are slightly wilted and coated with the dressing.
4. Serve with parched toast.
Related Links:Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
From Malaysia: Steamed Fish with Garlic
Carrots and Broccoli Salad