- 4 large tomatoes (ripe but firm)
- 2 green sweet peppers
- 4 fresh red chilies
- 1 medium-size onion (peeled and quartered)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 teaspoons of caraway seed
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 24 black olives (pitted or whole)
- 200 grams tinned tuna (drained and flaked apart)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (shelled and quartered)
» Preheat the grill to very hot.
» Place the tomatoes, peppers, chilies, and onion in the grill pan, until the peppers have blistered and the onions are browned (15-20 minutes).
» Remove the chilies before the green peppers and onions are fully cooked.
» Peel and seed the capsicums and chilies, then place in a blender together with the garlic, caraway seeds, and salt, then process briefly — five short bursts are enough.
» Arrange the vegetable mixture on a serving platter, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, and garnish with the olives, flaked tuna, and quartered eggs.
Do You have a Ramadan recipe and a tale to tell?
Send it to us at Society