This is a simple version of a dessert that is quite common throughout Thailand. It makes a light, but healthy dessert, as the oil from the coconut has anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties, and bananas are high in potassium, calcium, and other minerals. Together, we have a delicious and nutritious combination to add to follow our iftar meal.
- 6 bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of palm sugar or honey
- Cut each banana into four pieces, and place in a serving dish.
- In a small pan, heat the coconut milk, add sugar or honey and salt,
and warm until not quite boiling, then simmer a little.
- Add the coconut milk to the bananas.
- Serve warm.
Do you have a Ramadan recipe and a tale to tell?
Send it to us at